Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Don't forget that child like wonder and goals

Do you remember what it was like to be a child? Do you remember the dreams and goals? What happened to that child like wonder? Are you where you dreamed you would be? You would think that simply this time of year would bring that back out in us. This is the time of year that there is perhaps more child like activity going on than any other time of year. However, this year it took me watching a movie to rediscover that point. I also came to realize why I'm so frustrated in where my life is. Are you where you want to be in life? Yes, there are certain things we need to do in life just because they need to be done; however, there are choices we've made that have taken us down the road to the destination we find ourselves at right now. If you aren't where you would dream you would be, why not? Choices you have made. Have you ever woken up and wished you were where you are right now? If not, there is no one that can do anything about that except you. There are a few movies I watch that really inspire me and take me back to that childhood wonder. You need to find what it is for you. Perhaps it's movies, perhaps it's music, perhaps it's something else. Whatever it is for you, you need to find it. One of the films that really gets me back to that thinking is "8 Seconds". The movie is a true story based on the life of Lane Frost, a professional bull rider from the 80s that was killed in a tragic accident while bull riding. I guess perhaps this one really stirs me as I've always had the dream of spending my life raising cattle and even more important to me is allowing my children to grow up in that atmosphere.

During this holiday season, take time to THINK about your dreams. Perhaps you need to even brush them off a little bit. The important point is to think about - is what you are currently doing moving you toward that dream? If not, then you need to make a course correction. You may not fully achieve that dream, but it's important that you keep working toward that direction. Do you have a dream?

"Don't be afraid to go after what you want to do and what you want to be, but don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost



Another way to help stimulate your dream is through a vision board or video such as mine list above. Keep that dream alive.

No comments: